CTD neutralises 14 terrorists in IBOs


.


QUETTA:

At least 14 terrorists were neutralised in two separate intelligence-based operations (IBOs) carried out by the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) in Quetta and Barkhan districts of Balochistan, a spokesperson said on Wednesday.

The first operation unfolded in Darakhshan on the outskirts of Quetta following credible intelligence indicating the presence of Indian proxy terrorists, CTD spokesperson said. As CTD teams moved in, terrorists opened fire, triggering a fierce exchange that lasted several minutes.

“Eight terrorists linked to Fitna al-Khawarij -— a term used by authorities for terrorists associated with the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) — were killed. Three CTD personnel were injured during the encounter and shifted to hospital, where their condition is stable.”

The spokesperson said the dead terrorists were actively involved in plotting multiple attacks across the province, including strikes on official installations and civilian areas. A large cache of weapons, ammunition, grenades and explosive material was recovered from their possession.

Security was tightened in and around Darakhshan following the raid, with additional law-enforcement personnel deployed and surveillance stepped up to prevent retaliatory attacks. Further investigations are under way.

In a separate operation the same day, CTD teams acted on fresh intelligence in Barkhan district, where suspected terrorist hideouts were identified. As forces surrounded the area, the terrorists opened fire, prompting a swift counter-response.

Six terrorists belonging to Indian proxy Fitna al-Hindustan were killed in the ensuing gunfight, while security personnel remained unhurt. Officials said a significant quantity of arms, ammunition and other sabotage material was seized from the site.

The CTD spokesperson said the group had been involved in plotting subversive activities aimed at destabilising Balochistan’s security situation, describing both operations as part of an ongoing campaign to restore peace and weaken terrorist networks across the province.

President Asif Ali Zardari paid tribute to CTD Balochistan for the successful operations in Quetta and Barkhan. In an official statement, he commended the personnel for killing 14 terrorists and offered prayers for the speedy recovery of the injured officers.

“CTD Balochistan is playing a prominent role in safeguarding the country against terrorists,” the president said, adding that eliminating externally sponsored terrorism remained a top priority of the government.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif also praised the CTD, lauding the Quetta operation in particular and expressing solidarity with the wounded personnel. “CTD Balochistan is playing a key role in the war against terrorism,” he said.

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi echoed the sentiments, saluting the professionalism and courage of CTD officers, and commended the department for neutralising terrorists linked to Fitna al-Hindustan in Barkhan.

As investigations continue, authorities reiterated that counterterrorism operations would persist across Balochistan until terrorist networks are fully dismantled, underscoring that recent successes reflect a broader drive to bring lasting peace to the province.

Original Content